rogue that is looking for a change

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

roguelookingforachange

rogue that is looking for a change

Postby roguelookingforachange » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:30 pm

please excuse the name of this poster to start with, my current guild would shit a brick if they realised i was looking for a change.. so i am trying to keep this low profile at the moment.

basicaly i am looking for a change, i have been with my current guild for coming on 12 months now. this was the first guild that i ever raided with, and as such it has been a good foundation to be raid with.

just before the start of the year the guild split (can not mention the guild or names publicly but if an e-mail was sent to myself i would be happy to talk)

and as such i have now found myself in a position of ALOT greater responsability... something i am NOT wanting..

i am currently leading kara raids in the guild.. but i am finding that the players we have are , well quite frankly.. shit!

i am sick of the responsability of picking who goes on raids.. and the constant backstabing (i know am a rogue.. but it's no the good type of backstabing ) which is going on about "who is on the raid".

as at the moment there is only 1 kara group.. and even then.. my expereince is extreamly limited.. not through choice.. but through the total lack of other quality players to raid with.

in short.. i am asking if the position of rogue recruitment is going to be filled anytime soon.. and if not.. then i am certainly interested..

as such.. here is my application. (without character name for obvious reasons at the moment)

Main character name:
i would prefer if i kept this under wraps at the moment, as showing my application pupblicly would cause uproar in the guild i am in at the moment..

Character class: rogue

Character race: night elf

Character level: 70

Character spec:
been altering this alot recently, was very used to combat swords, but recently altered this to mutilate build.. finding that the mutilate build is fantastic on boss's.. not so useful on trash mobs.

my "old" build was combat swords.. 30/31/0

now going with mutilate 41/20/0... not really "that" much variation you can have with this build.. but here it is anyway.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
jewelcraftor and miner both at 375 . nothing over the top in jewelcrafting, as unfortunatly not had to many lucky drops.. i can make a gem out of each of the rare drops.. more orintated to melee DPS .. well what use would a rogue have for a spell crit gem :)

Character heroic keys and attunements:
i am attuned to Karazhan at the moment, and i "think" i am attuned to CoT heroics, Coilfang Revisor heroics. not really done to many 5 man instance runs in the likes of shadow labs or Tempest Keep instances... no real reason why.. just not been going there..

High level non trainable spells/abilities learned:
none that i know of... not sure if there are any "special" rogue ability spells available in TBC.. hmm might have to check this up. but pretty sure there are none.

Total /played time: think off the top of me head it is something like 50+ days.... but been that long since i types /played might have to double check this 1

/played time at level 70:
again.. not 100% sure.. know it has been something like 5-6 days played.. will update with the "accurate" figure

Notable factions and their level:

exaulted with:
Aldor
timbernaws (oldschol furblog <3 )
Cenarion circle (again oldschool wow)
Zandalar tribe (yet another old school faction)

revered:
Cenarion Expedition
Kurenai

Honoured:
Violet eye
The Consortium (rep grinding with them atm.. noticed the new meta gem on the test realm.. and just <3 to a rogue.. hence i want it on release of the patch)

Armory link (or CTprofile if you wish to show different gear)

not 100% sure how i can link my current armour publicly without showing my true name.. would it be possible to send this privatly via e-mail or forum message.. i can then easily link my armoury profile to back up what i am saying.

Previous guild(s):

again.. bit hard to post this.. but know i have been in 2 guilds in the last 12 months.. most recent was due to the "split" in the old guild.. hence why i am looking to move. in both guildsi held a position of either class leader or assistant guild leader.

Name, class and level of Alternate character(s):

got a few..

lock @ 38
hunter @ 35
shaman @ 12 (got bored and made 1)
preist @ 15 (again with the bordom.. mainly waiting for "rest" of guild to level to 70.. took them a while)

Reasons why you would like to join:

basicaly i am looking for a fresh start.. somewhere that i can proove myself as the rogue that i "think" i am. as it stands i am a big fish in a small pond, never been beaten on damage caused on a raid for something like 6 months now.. and i am getting bored..

i want a fresh challange.. and i feel that in my current guild, the progress due to other players inability to learn from mistakes is going to cost my playing experience.

in short.. i am not looking for an easy ride.. far from it. i want to proove myself through and through.. and as such i want a fresh chanlenge in a guild that works well together. and one that is not just a "flash in the pan" guild.. one that has been there since virtualy the start.. hence AGPG.. one of the older guilds on the realm.. and as you will notice on other forums.. the only guild i am applying to.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:

yes.. 100% leveled by myself... although i must point out that my rogue was my 8th character.. and actualy my 2nd level 60 (old school wow) as i was playing on a different realm upto around 18 months ago.

Your real age: 26 ... god.. now i feel old

bit about myself: (not in the guidlines.. but thought i might as well)

living with my girl freind for the past 3 years (god .. has it been that long) and own my own property with her. playing times i can be a little pressed some week's.. as the job i have sometimes means i work LATE hours. but generaly i am on every day between 20:30 and 24:00 game time (if needed for a raid i make myself available earlier.. but not later.. as GF kicks off if am on TO late.)

i have used teamspeak since downloading it.. but unfortunatly english is the only language i am capable of speaking... (did not really stick in at school in languages) but i am not one of these that kicks off if people are not speaking in english.. although i do find it extreamly rude when you are in a 5 man group and people insist on speaking a language that you dont have a clue what is being said.

i have always tried and played my character at the best of my ability.. and as such the gear i have has always had "what will be best" in mind.

i dont like to come 2nd.. and as such i will always try my hardest to be the best..

i belive it was Ricky Bobby said it best...

"if you are not first...... your last"

Oh.. and please excuse any spelling mistakes.. this was not wrote in a hurry.. but my spelling is really bad when i am writing in long stages.

again.. very sorry for the lack of information about my character.. and if this is going to be a problem not showing this information publicly then i understand.. but please do not dismiss this applcation based on lack of character information.. as i am more than willing to contact you ingame and discuss this.. or pass over my armoury profile privatly

Merlijn

Postby Merlijn » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Thank you for your application. It will be forwarded to the officers and classleaders for further review and we'll get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please PM me your Chactername so we can review your gear and talents on the Armory. Thanks in advance.

roguelookingforachange

Postby roguelookingforachange » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:48 pm

private message sent to Merlijn with amoury details and characters name

thank you for the extreamly fast responce to my post BTW merlijn

Merlijn

Postby Merlijn » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:07 pm

You are most welcome. Your information has been forwarded to the Officer Forums and will be discussed there. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Flare

Postby Flare » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:18 pm

This is deffo one of the longest applications we have had in a long, long time, and it is allso a well written one even though there are some info missing.
About your gear, I understand that you would like to stay unknown to the public and therefore cannot link your Armory-profile, but you can always link what you think is most important and we can check it out (even though it is the time-consuming way :-k) Don't worry, we won't call it spamming :wink:.

I am a bit curious on who you might be, so if you want to you can PM your name to me, I'll keep it a secret. But I'll prolly forgive you if you would rather speak with the officers first :wink:.
\o/

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Flare wrote:This is deffo one of the longest applications we have had in a long, long time, and it is allso a well written one even though there are some info missing.
About your gear, I understand that you would like to stay unknown to the public and therefore cannot link your Armory-profile, but you can always link what you think is most important and we can check it out (even though it is the time-consuming way :-k) Don't worry, we won't call it spamming :wink:.

I am a bit curious on who you might be, so if you want to you can PM your name to me, I'll keep it a secret. But I'll prolly forgive you if you would rather speak with the officers first :wink:.

The officers know who this chap is, and we've seen his (impressive) gear. We'll be in touch with him as soon as we can, and after the officers vets and CLs have had a chat.

Leaf
AGPG officer and Druid CL

roguelookingforachange

Postby roguelookingforachange » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:41 pm

i can not link EVERYTHING...

but from my rep.. obviously i have the access to the exhaulted sword from the alder, i also wear the rep reward ring from them.

just a couple of items (please excuse the [censored due to keylogger issues] links.. but that is what i use when at work for items researce)

http://www.[censored due to keylogger issues].com/i28509 necklace

http://www.[censored due to keylogger issues].com/i31331

http://www.[censored due to keylogger issues].com/i25686 boots

http://www.[censored due to keylogger issues].com/i25687 leg's

boots and legs are not the best.. but they are all i have been lucky enought to get atm.. also <3 the gems slots.. as it is great for the extra +hit and crit i can hit into them.

but some example's of my gear.. it's not uber.. as like i said i do not have alot of TBC raiding experience..

i dont think i mentioned my pre-BTC expereince either.

not exactly set the world alight.. with god knows how many clearences on ZG, but Aq20 evaded the guild.. same as MC, BWL and AQ40

but please do not think of this in a negative light.. as i am an extreamly faster learner.. and know how to follow orders in a raid. TBH this is something i would <3.. as in my current posistion i am expected to know it all in raids.. not that i dont research.. but get's a bit tiresome explaining tactics to people each and every raid as they have forgotten what to do.

edit/ took out some items... as made it very clear who i was.. quite a unique wepons combination.. hence i had to deleate them.

2nd edit/ can give you some general stat's about myself though..

95% hit rate incuding talents
23% ish crit rate
1350ish ap unbuffed
6800 health unbuffed
Last edited by roguelookingforachange on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

roguelookingforachange

Postby roguelookingforachange » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:51 pm

The officers know who this chap is, and we've seen his (impressive) gear. We'll be in touch with him as soon as we can, and after the officers vets and CLs have had a chat.

Leaf
AGPG officer and Druid CL

impressive ??? you sure i sent you the right armoury link :D

like i have said.. very sorry about the cloak and daggers way i have applied (i am a rogue after all) but as the officers in AGPG must understand.. it would be similar to them applying to another guild.. and wanting to keep it private untill they know they might have a chance

roguelookingforachange

Postby roguelookingforachange » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:11 pm

re-sending application later on this evening with more information in.

this will be sent in private message to Merlijn.. unless there are others that want to be included into the message ?

should be around 20:00 game time by the time i get home and wash the dishes... GF will be on the warpath if not.

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:03 pm

It was more that you had made the most of what was available to you given your (admitted) lack of TBC level 70 raid experience. The enchants / armor patch also caught our attention.

I've sent you a pm to supplement the one sent by Merlijn - see what you make of it.

Dwiezel
Officer

Postby Dwiezel » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:43 am

Since this application is handled on the officers forum for privacy reasons I will lock this thread for now. If anyone wants to comment on the application please pm me or any other officer.

Dwiezel

Officer and Mage Classleader
Firegnome
or is it gnome on fire?

Return to “Recruitment”