Marw - Prot Warrior

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Marweinicus

Marw - Prot Warrior

Postby Marweinicus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 am

Keep in mind, I am not applying with my Horde level 90 Warrior, but I will most likely bring him up a lot. Also leaving out some gear or raid related questions which mostly apply for max level.

1 - What is the name of your character?
Marw (Or Marweinicus, on Horde)

2 - Has your character always had this name? If not, explain why.
Always

3 - What is your character's class?
Protection Warrior

4 - What is your total time played with this character and what is your time played with this character at your current level?
10 days played and a few hours. She's only level 72 though. My Horde Protection Warrior has between 250 and 300 hours played I think.

5 - Do you want to apply for a raiding spot or a social spot?
A social spot.

6 - What is your character's primairy talent spec? (in numbers, example 2/48/11) Why did you choose this spec?
Outdated! But Protection (At max, Juggernaut, Second Wind, Disrupting Shout, Shockwave, Mass Spell Reflection and Storm Bolt). Just for solo play.

7 - What kind of experience do you have with other talent specs on this character?
Practically none. Have only been Protection for 8 years. Tried Fury during AQ40 and Naxx 40 though, but it's just not my thing so switched to Protection again during TBC, this was on my Horde character.

8 - Please link your armorypage url (with your primairy item kit if possible)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... cus/simple
That's my Horde Warrior, no point in linking my Alliance Warrior (Only level 72).

9 - Why do you use this item kit?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 12)

10 - Which of the items you use have the highest priority to be replaced and with what?
11 - Do you have any other items/kits that might be useful?

12 - What kind of guild do you think AG Praetorian Guard is?
I'm not exactly sure. I see on the front page that you guys still did some raiding, but that's not my focus. I'd just like a home for my Alliance character, and there's still evidentily a few people around who know me. Being alive as a guild for so long means you have a real strong infrastructure :)

13 - Describe the role of your class/spec in raids and its mechanics. Be as precise as you can. Show us you know your class inside-out. (example: spelldamage coeffcients, need of particular stats or attributes)
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 16)
14 - How do you prepare for raids?

15 - What is your raiding experience in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend?
All my raiding is done on my Horde Protection Warrior.
Vanilla: MC, ZG, BWL, AQ20&40 (Only till Twin Empts in AQ40), small bit of Naxx40.
TBC: Magh, Gruul, SSC, The Eye, BT, MH, I never did Sunwell though, not even the first boss.
WotLK: Naxx, EoE, only did Sarth, not Ruby Sanctum, Ulduar, TotC, ICC. Mostly in 25 man, changing to 10 man at the end of ICC.
Cata: Didn't raid at all, was a complete disaster expansion pack for me, didn't even get to do all dungeons.
MoP: Nothing.

16 - Why do you want to get into AG Praetorian Guard?
Back during vanilla, there were 2 guilds, AGCG and you (AGPT). I was part of AGCG, so still consider this guild as 'my home', even how weird that might feel or sound to some of you. I never forgot about it. I currently have my lvl 72 Warrior in a refuge guild to old Phoenix Reborn players (We Have Explosive), but it's practically dead since Cataclysm which is a shame. While playing throughout MoP I've seen some AGPT people running around. I got waved at by a little silly gnome today during Dominance dailies which turned out to be Hayek. Looked the guild up again, saw Isilme being online and had a chat. I've made this character to experience the quests before the Cataclysm which I did, I wouldn't mind experiencing the other quests too now that I am almost done with stuff on my Horde Warrior.

17 - Why would we want you in AG Praetorian Guard?
You don't :P

18 - On which days of the week are you able to attend raids?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next if they want and continue with question 20)
19 - We use TeamSpeak during our raids. Are you familiar with TS or Ventrillo and do you actually use it? (Talking aswell as listening)

20 - Which other guilds have you been in in the past? (please name them all)
Practically only AGCG and its off-spring guilds. After the guild disbanded (Such a shame) I refused to join the guild <Monster> out of principal, I didn't agree with the idea of ruining such an awesome guild. I joined Origin (Top world raiding guild, and Horde best raiding guild at its time) to raid Naxx 40. I quit shortly after, it just wasn't the same. I returned at TBC, joined a guild who's name I can't remember. It was a safe haven to veteran AGCG players. Transfered to Alonsus, several AGCG veterans restarted there, joined <Solid>, did some raiding as a main tank. Eventually the guild died, transfered back to Turalyon and applied to the guild <In Concordia>. This was a guild started by old Unnatural Selection and Origin members so I felt right at home. It's still the guild I am in as of today during MoP.

I'm also in an Alliance guild called <We Have Explosive>. A refuge to old Phoenix Reborn players. Guildmaster Class had a character in our guild In Concordia so all who wanted to join a guild in Alliance were welcome here. Sadly, after Cataclysm, hardly anyone is online (Only 7 max level).

21 - What are your alternate characters? (please add class, spec and level)
Marw, level 72 Protection Warrior is my only alt, not counting bank characters.

22 - Which of your alts would you be willing to make your main in AG Praetorian Guard, in case we can only offer that particular class/spec a raiding spot and not the one your applying with? Also mention if you are willing to respec yes or no and with which character.
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 23)

23 - Did you level all your characters from the start yourself?
Ofcourse!

24 - What is your real life age?
23, almost to become 24.

25 - OPTIONAL; Any other info you want to share with us concerning your application or yourself?
Update your stuff on the forums, haha!

Also: Congrats if you read everything! /Highfive!

And: Horde ftw! :P

Hayek
Officer

Postby Hayek » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Marw,

Now that's a blast from the past ;) It has been a long while since the days of AGPG/AGCG, but a few of us are still there - along with many new friends made over the years.

You're more than welcome to have a social spot with us ;)
A Polar explorer needs 5000 calories a day.
- Also when driving to the pole in a sheltered car?
Let's be safe.

Marweinicus

Postby Marweinicus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Indeed. There's more of your oldtimers online then there are of mine. I'm pretty much the only one left, atleast from the 1-60 levelling crew.

I was also surprised my old account was still active!

Snowieken

Postby Snowieken » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 pm

I remember you as well from my AGCG days... Had two characters in Crimson Guard (which are still alive, although non-active): Borush and Liath. I don't think you remember them. In any case, glad to see some old blood!
Taragg

Aygo
Officer

Postby Aygo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Marw! /salute
Tycho

Return to “Recruitment”