Argandorn - Retribution Paladin

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Argandorn

Argandorn - Retribution Paladin

Postby Argandorn » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 pm

1 - What is the name of your character?
Argandorn

2 - Has your character always had this name? If not, explain why.
Yes ever since I started playing in 2004 when wow hit the stores in Europe.

3 - What is your character's class?
Retribution paladin.

4 - What is your total time played with this character and what is your time played with this character at your current level?
I'm not really sure because I'm posting this apply with my iPhone. Discretioner is a RL friend and encouraged me to get this post done. I'm on a small vacation now so don't have access to my wow account. Time played is a lot though (probably ridiculous if I check it :) I have been on this char and realm ever since wow was launched so I've seen the ups and downs of this game, guilds and classes.

5 - Do you want to apply for a raiding spot or a social spot?**
Social spot for sure. I know Discretioner in RL and I've done my fair share of raiding. I like raiding a lot. The feeling of accomplishing something together is truly a great gift. I did a lot of raiding in vanilla wow and was a raid leader in that time trying to fine tune Molten Core runs and BWL. It was fun with 40 people all exited to down bosses. I enjoyed that time in full and to be honest, for me personally at least, it was the best time of WoW. On the other hand, handling 40 man raids, setting up DKP systems and the drama that came with it was something I won't miss. The time spent on those nights (sometimes 5 or 6 days a week to set up raids, getting the invites etc) is something I simply can't do any more because of RL and work obligations. Long story short: I love raiding, will always try to help the guild to fill an empty spot but I don't see myself as a hardcore raider anymore.

6 - What is your character's primairy talent spec? (in numbers, example 2/48/11) Why did you choose this spec?
7-2-32 retribution. Best pve dps spec hands down at this moment. It is fully specced for dps because dps support role was hit with the nerf bat last patch. Thanks Ghostcrawler ;)

Long story: I always have been holy until WotLK. I was always a support paladin concentrating on healing, buffing and cleansing. It was the primary raid role of paladins. After that time paladins really could chose another role becoming viable tanks and (support) dps. After doing so much support I wanted to see some big numbers flying on my screen. So why I am retribution right now is quite simply for fun. As I pay my account I wanted to do the gameplay that I like best. And for now that's dps although holy paladin had quite a revamp so I'm also investigating holy again.

7 - What kind of experience do you have with other talent specs on this character?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 8 )

Although my application is social I'll stil answer this one. WoW is still the best and most compelling MMORPG not because of it's graphics but bacause of it's great gameplay and mechanics. It's what Blizzard is renown for all it's games (I'm a great blizzard fan also). Because talents have really changed for the better the last two years I read and test a lot on my paladin. So I understand the gameplay and mechanics of my paladin thoroughly. At this moment my holy spec is undergeared so not much used. Biut different roles can keep a class interesting.

8 - Please link your armorypage url (with your primairy item kit if possible)
I will update this question asap. I can't link it because I'm on my iPhone and the armory app won't show the url (at least I can't find it).

9 - Why do you use this item kit?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 12)
Quite simply because its the best for me at this time. I'm still busy updating my gear of course but I'm well aware which stats I'm after. The site retributionpaladins.com is a great help and the best ret site by far at this moment.

10 - Which of the items you use have the highest priority to be replaced and with what?
I'll answer that one when I have an easier to use browser. I want to look up multiple things (I'll do my research on different sites) and that's not very easy using an iPhone. It will probably be my gloves, that will be replaces by gloves from the Wildhammer faction when hitting revered.

11 - Do you have any other items/kits that might be useful?
My main is herbalist and miner providing Alts with materials and is a great money maker. So I can't make lots of 'unbelievable' items but I'm more then willing to contribute with raw materials. I have those a lot.

12 - What kind of guild do you think AG Praetorian Guard is?
The reason I applied is because of my RL friend Discretioner. He's been a member of your guild for quite some time and I even had the honor to join you guys on a few raids when a spot was open. I hope AGPG is a social guild first. Don't understand me wrong: a hordcore raiding guild can still be a social guild in my opinion. That doesn't mean that members always have to be chatting or doing all things together. It should be a mix of that. People that want to work hard for each other and even can be angry at each other when you wipe the 6th time. But when the raid or wipefest is over continue to be great friends and guildmembers withtout making drama or hurt personal feelings. That would be a great guild according to my opinion. Social at it's core with a healthy chunk of hard work when raiding.

13 - Describe the role of your class/spec in raids and its mechanics. Be as precise as you can. Show us you know your class inside-out. (example: spelldamage coeffcients, need of particular stats or attributes)
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 16)

Although applying for a social spot I'll still answer this one because I love to know my class inside out. Retribution is NOT the top dps class at this time although last patch really was great for us upping our dps with more then 10-15 % making us viable again. Still paladins are quite a good class to add as we can fill in some support roles that can save a raid from a wipe (e.g. Lay on Hands when the tank is about to die). We also bring in great buffs and aura's and have interrupts, stuns and can do emergency healing (although that shouldn't be counted on, a well prepared raid shouldn't rely on emergency healing, but at least we can).

The best combo was removed sadly (of course that was bubble + HS :).

14 - How do you prepare for raids?
If I raid and I know for sure I have a spot I will prepare by making sure I did the following:

- rapair all items
- stash foods
- stash flasks and/or other buff elixirs
- look up the boss strategies by at least watching a tutorial movie. I liked bosskillers a lot but it seemed to have turned in just another spam/advertisement site
- be sure that I only sign up for raids I can make 100% (except for real emergencies of course).
- Have enough backspace and carry my off-healing gear or whatever is my offspec
- whatever I can think of but do not think of now

15 - What is your raiding experience in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend?
I was a raid leader in vanilla wow. I enjoyed that time a lot but I also know how time consuming this can be. Of course it was a different time at then. There were no raidplanners on blizzard sites or automated DKP systems. Most was done by had with hard work of raidleaders and classleaders. After vanilla wow fluctuated. I was never in a top raiding guild and never applied there. I stuck with the two guilds I was ever in, even working on combining strength between the two. Those were Dutch Inc and The Dudes of Destruction. Especially the dudes still have my love but because Discretioner begged me to join him I make this application. So in 7 years I've only been in two guilds. So when I join a guild I pretty much stick with them. The dudes are still great and I won't forget them but I guess it's just time to move on.

16 - Why do you want to get into AG Praetorian Guard?
I told a lot already but I hope to find a nice cosy home for my main and a few of my alts. Discretioner recommended this guild so that counts for me a lot. Also I hope to make some progress while still keeping a 'casual' playstyle. That doesn't mean I don't take the game serious. You should ask my wife ;). But RL obligations and a limited amount of free time combined with a job with irregular working hours severely limits my commitment to hardcore raiding. That's why I applied for a social spot but still hoping to see the great content of this game as much as I possibly can.

17 - Why would we want you in AG Praetorian Guard?
You would get a new member who knows the game inside out. Granted I don't know every boss by head but I do understand the game mechanics that blizzard uses when scripting bosses. I can learn fast and because I've seen quite a lot of the game through the years I will recognize patterns fast (unless boss encounters are so radical new but those are few to be honest). Besides that I think I'm a social member too. You won't find me spamming the guild channel or be the clown in raids. But I will ask questions, make a comment, join guild runs or do some guild pvp. Just ask. If I don't like I will also let you know for sure.

18 - On which days of the week are you able to attend raids?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next if they want and continue with question 20)
I'm applying for a social spot but will still answer this question. The real answer is: I don't know. I'm on a irregular schedule meaning that I can raid on Sunday's for 3 times in a row and then can't for maybe two weeks. That's the same for weekdays. I might be able to attend raids for 4 weeks on a row and the won't make it for 2 times. That's one if the reason why I apply for a social spot. Raid need to have a steady core which I sadly can't be. On the other hand I think I could perform well in raids although it would
be hard to hit the top dps spots due to gear issues and less experience on encounters. But I work hard and you won't find me afk during raids!

19 - We use TeamSpeak during our raids. Are you familiar with TS or Ventrillo and do you actually use it? (Talking aswell as listening)
Short and simple yes. Although I'm more of the listening guy then the shouting guy.

20 - Which other guilds have you been in in the past? (please name them)
Already did but in 7 years only two: Dutch Inc and the Dudes of Destruction. Quite a few members of this guild were once DoD or DI even.

21 - What are your alternate characters? (please add class, spec and level)
Most notable is Iluma a shadow priest. I haven't been leveling this one a lot because my focus is to get Argandorn's gear up to crank up his dps. But when Argandorn is getting boring I will level my alts again. I'm particularly proud on my rogue alt. Only in his 40's but with the best name for an alt ever: Alt. Needless to say he is around since 2004 also but he is just my fun char that gets spoiled with too many blues.

22 - Which of your alts would you be willing to make your main in AG Praetorian Guard, in case we can only offer that particular class/spec a raiding spot and not the one your applying with? Also mention if you are willing to respec yes or no and with which character.
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 23)
Sure I would be willing to level and respec when needed any alt. But focus is on Argandorn. Although I'm willing to get him holy ready too should that be required. I do expect some help then to get him quickly through heroics to level holy gear. But that's just theoretical.

23 - Did you level all your characters from the start yourself?
Absolutely.

24 - What is your real life age?
33 and counting.

25 - OPTIONAL; Any other info you want to share with us concerning your application or yourself?
If you should need any extra info just whisper me ingame or let me know in this post. Thank you.
Last edited by Argandorn on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aygo
Officer

Postby Aygo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Argandorn,

Thank you for taking the time to write an application.
I'll forward it to the officer's forum where it will be discussed. We'll get back to you shortly.
Tycho

Discretioner

Postby Discretioner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 am

In case it didn't get clear in his application, he knows me ;) In fact he's one of my best friends in RL.

In case he gets in (keeping fingers crossed) the guild gains a fun, social and skilled player (don't think just because he knows me he'is as noobish in WoW as me.........he saves that for real life ;))

We parted ways in WoW after our dudes time and it would be great to finally be in the same guild together.

Greets,

Disc

P.S. I didn't beg him to apply, i just gave him a subtle push in the right direction......

Adso
Officer

Postby Adso » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Ave!

Good to see an old friend from DoD again. Nice written aplication as well.

Salutem dicit ! :D

Aygo
Officer

Postby Aygo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Argandorn,

I'm delighted to inform you you've been given a spot in our guild.

Welcome aboard!

When you get ingame, poke any officer or veteran for an invite (Hayek, Dwiezel, Etta, Vaiuri, Exxion, Tycho, Kaylha, Tyrall or Concho)
Tycho

Return to “Recruitment”