Death Knight DPS Application - Déimos

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Nkhari
Officer

Death Knight DPS Application - Déimos

Postby Nkhari » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm posting this on behalf of Déimos (friend of Gregs):

Jinn Li 20 September at 08:34
1 - What is the name of your character?

Déimos

2 - Has your character always had this name? If not, explain why.

Yes, but I suspect I might have to change it if I move realms :)

3 - What is your character's class?

Death Knight

4 - What is your total time played with this character and what is your time played with this character at your current level? *

Total time played with Déimos should be about the same time WOTLK got released. Leveled him to 80 within a month. So around 1½ years give or take a few months

5 - Do you want to apply for a raiding spot or a social spot?**

Both please :)

6 - What is your character's primary talent spec? (in numbers, example 2/48/11) Why did you choose this spec?

0/53/18
I respecced from unholy 2h. End-game, frost dps is a lot higher than 2h dps. DPS is my main forte and that's what I have mainly been doing since WotlK got released but I realise the importance of having a good tanking set and a tank offspecc as well as the know-how of tanking.

7 - What kind of experience do you have with other talent specs on this character?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 8 )

I can't say I have extensive experience with blood tanking, but I have tanked minor raids such as VoA10, Ulduar10 and ICC10 - not thorougly tho but a few bosses. Have played around with other tank builds but blood has always given me the best results in aggro management and being resilient.

8 - Please link your armorypage url (with your primairy item kit if possible)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... %C3%A9imos

9 - Why do you use this item kit?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 12)

It's the best I have for frost pve dps. Regemmed from str+crit to the str+haste gems specifically for frost.

10 - Which of the items you use have the highest priority to be replaced and with what?

Both 1h weapons since I recently switched from 2h to DW. 2x Frost Giant's Cleaver from ICC10 or any other higher level weapon with a speed of 2.5. Am going to replace the chestpiece with the Scourgelord chestpiece whenever I get a badge for ArP and set bonus :).

11 - Do you have any other items/kits that might be useful?

I have a full tanking set that is good enough to tank the four first bosses of ICC10.

12 - What kind of guild do you think AG Praetorian Guard is?

Sounds like a fun guild with mature people that aren't afraid of talking about things other than WoW :p. As well as a bit nerdy with the right amount of self-distance to make it fun :).

13 - Describe the role of your class/spec in raids and its mechanics. Be as precise as you can. Show us you know your class inside-out. (example: spelldamage coeffcients, need of particular stats or attributes)
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 16)

First off for my current specc the stat prio for dps is as follows:
Str
Hit (cap)
Expertise (cap)
Crit 30-35% self buffed
ArP/haste
AP

Normally haste wouldn't be important at all for a DK, but as I rely on white dmg and Necrosis as well as Blood-caked blade proccs it really makes a dífference.
The original hit cap for a 2h is 8% for both white(normal) dmg as well as spells/abilities. Altough as DW the hit cap is 27% which isn't really recommended to get as you nerf your other stats going for that. My current hit rating is around 10%+3% talented which is sufficient for a reliable damage output.
The Expertise cap is at 26 and I am just above that with 27 :). Expertise is ofc to negate a mob dodging/parrying an incoming attack.
Currently I am stacking strength, ArP and haste (in that order) since all my normal damage is ArP reliant as well as Obliterate.
Frost DPS has no standard rotation as it's damage is procc based (which makes it so immensly fun to play :D) so it all depends on skill rather than rotation . Generally go for HB when group DPS:ing whenever you have a Killing Machine & Rime procc or just when you have a rime procc. Frost strike for single target DPS as well as obliterate. Use Pestilence to spread diseases but don't glyph it as you need the haste boost from IT to get max dps. Currently using IT glyph for frost fever dmg, obliterate for +25% increased dmg and Frostrike to increase the number of strikes.

The standard blood rotation would be D&D > IT > PS > Pestilence > DS > DS and either use all death runes for HS if it's 1-2 targets or BB when group tanking.
Death Rune mastery is pretty important for tanking as well as any talents that would boost AoE tanking effects such as Might of Mograine and Morbidity usually require death runes. Usually skip dancing rune weapon for tanking and use the talent in the unholy tree instead. Blood glyphing would include glyph of disease to ease keeping diseases up, death strike for self heals and rune tap for self heals. Very good to make it easier for the healers :).

14 - How do you prepare for raids?

Head for the loo, make sure the evening is cleared, make sure that I have eaten, feed the lizard and make sure that school is done with :). Also check to see if I got the latest add-on patches.

15 - What is your raiding experience in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend?

Made progress back in the day during vanilla in ZG, MC, BWL, AQ20, AQ40 and some Naxx. Was one of the core members that put ZG, MC, BWL and AQ20 on farm level. No TBC experience whatsoever as I quit playing during that time. I have some raid experience with every Northrend instance the most thorough would be ToC-ToGC10-25 and ICC10-25. Some VoA10-25 and Ulduar 10-25.

16 - Why do you want to get into AG Praetorian Guard?

Mainly because one of my old friends from vanilla is in your guild and that i'd like to have a social - raiding guild again as I have pretty much been guildless since wotlk. This has mainly been due to guilds being either impossible to join or full of less clever kids that swear in 1337 :p.

17 - Why would we want you in AG Praetorian Guard?

I am reliable, sociable as well as pretty huggable ^_^. I enjoy talking about pretty much everything, I might not have a clue about what you are saying at times (totally gone with sports of all kinds except martial arts :p) but I guess I can be a good listener at times :).
I can tank and dps as well, just saying ;).

18 - On which days of the week are you able to attend raids?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next if they want and continue with question 20)

Pretty much depends on school, but I should be available tuseday nights as well as full weekends :). If I have an exam week coming up i'll let the officers know in advance.

19 - We use TeamSpeak during our raids. Are you familiar with TS or Ventrillo and do you actually use it? (Talking aswell as listening)

Yes to all of the above, just give me a server adress and i'll be on :).

20 - Which other guilds have you been in in the past? (please name them all)
Sanctum - Maelstrom
Leviathan - Maelstrom
Brood of Leviathan - Maelstrom
Chimera Genetics - Sunstrider
Tribe (social) - Sunstrider

21 - What are your alternate characters? (please add class, spec and level)

None to speak of really. Kadrách lvl 67 disc priest, Aragor lvl 67 destruction warlock. Then I have a bunch of alts witin the 20-40 range.

22 - Which of your alts would you be willing to make your main in AG Praetorian Guard, in case we can only offer that particular class/spec a raiding spot and not the one your applying with? Also mention if you are willing to respecc yes or no and with which character.
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 23)

I would of course love to have all mentioned characters at level 80 doing their thing and wouldn't mind having them all in your guild with their specific roles, tanking/melee dps healing or ranged dps :). And yes I am willing to respecc :).

23 - Did you level all your characters from the start yourself?

Yes, yes I did. Used the refer-a-friend for Kadrách tho, so i guess that is half cheating what with the +50% exp gain :p.

24 - What is your real life age?

24 years atm, born in 1985

25 - OPTIONAL; Any other info you want to share with us concerning your application or yourself?

I enjoy cooking and love to talk about it, and I engage in various other nerdy stuff :p.

Thank you for taking your time to apply to AG Praetorian Guard!

Rooppa
Role Captain

Postby Rooppa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Very well written and some great insight about your understanding of the DK, especialy the frost DK.

Very nice application indeed. Good luck

Nkhari
Officer

Postby Nkhari » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi there Déimos!

We are pleased to offer you a trial position within our guild. However, since we are rather full on Death Knights please understand that existing DK raiders will have some degree of priority for raiding spots in Cataclysm, assuming they all continue to raid in the expansion.

Please speak with myself or any of the other Officers for your invite :)

Neliel

Postby Neliel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey,

on behalf of Déimos, he asked me to leave this note.

He thanks everyone for the chance at a trial period. He wanted me to pass on that, all this week, he is incapacitated with revision and exams, but he's intending to get his server transfer sorted for next week.

I'm also still awaiting a second application to post up for another guy, same server, same reasoning. Expecting that this week too.

Greg
aka the incredible Ulq

Dibsbane

Postby Dibsbane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:37 pm

"incapacitated with exams" I love the imagery. thats the way i always felt:( even after they were done!

Hayek
Officer

Postby Hayek » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Dibsbane wrote:"incapacitated with exams" I love the imagery. thats the way i always felt:( even after they were done!

Me too - and still! Now I'm the poor guy who has to grade them.

(and 20% more students each year - no kidding - isn't helping)

:twisted: :twisted:
A Polar explorer needs 5000 calories a day.
- Also when driving to the pole in a sheltered car?
Let's be safe.

Pirius

Postby Pirius » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:41 pm

They should give you more holiday to recuperate :wink:

Return to “Recruitment”