Skathach resto/balanced Druid

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

skathach

Skathach resto/balanced Druid

Postby skathach » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 pm

1 - What is the name of your character?

Skathach

2 - Has your character always had this name? If not, explain why.

No, she had twirlies on the a's but no one could type that easily and there was always difficulty in inviting me to groups, so when the possibilty came I changed her name.

3 - What is your character's class?

She's a lovely druid.

4 - What is your total time played with this character and what is your time played with this character at your current level? *
Total time: 123 days 4 hours and 25 minutes
This level: 5 days, 1 hour and 0 minutes.

5 - Do you want to apply for a raiding spot or a social spot?**
Raiding please, though I'm quite a social person.

6 - What is your character's primairy talent spec? (in numbers, example 2/48/11) Why did you choose this spec?
14/0/57 (resto)

Why resto:
I have been a restodruid for a long long long time and always found it is fun and challenging. It was my role in raiding in Vanilla until I switched to my hunter. This because I sometimes took it all too seriously and raiding was more stress then fun :P
This has changed though. Healing as a restodruid has changed significantly in style, it's still challenging but way more relaxed. I have a lot of fun again in being a healer in a team.

Why these talents:
I've nicked it from elitist jerks forums. It's probably the most mana-efficient and threat-diminishing spec.

7 - What kind of experience do you have with other talent specs on this character?
(58/0/13)

I've levelled as a balance druid and played some in that role in dungeons as well, I believe even ICC. My secondary spec is balance (thought I'd share the spellpower items but tbh the gearing is still quite different, so my bags are bulging with extra gear dispite of this choice)

I've played kittie in BC which was enjoyable but I decided on balance levelling and since BC haven't gone feral at all. (shaving your legs is a menace!!)
As a bear I have hardly any experience.

8 - Please link your armorypage url (with your primairy item kit if possible)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Skathach

9 - Why do you use this item kit?

I'm optimising on spellpower and haste. These are the primary stats that make life easier for a healing druid.
I use Rawr, maxdps.com and information from Elitist jerks to decide on the best available options of current gear and to make a list of accessable upgrades.

10 - Which of the items you use have the highest priority to be replaced and with what?

I just changed one trinket for [Forge Ember] (can you imagine how horrid the previous was ;) ) but I'd still like to replace that for a better one.

I have Shard of the Crystal Heart in my bags but tbh I'm not one for a trinket with a 'use' function on haste for healing. On damage, yes, but on healing I rather focus on constant benefit then on having to check for cooldowns on trinkets.

11 - Do you have any other items/kits that might be useful?
Well my balance kit is coming together pretty neat too. (well if you take into account that I'm not raiding ICC yet and rather not pug too much)

12 - What kind of guild do you think AG Praetorian Guard is?
Well I know Pirius is a member and that says alot aready :P For the rest I know you guys have been here for a long time. For me you have never standed out and that probably means something good.
I like the fact that you have social members and how you point out that both social and raiding members are equal. I liked what I read on this forum.
I hope there's a place for openminded talks, about a lot more then just gearscores and which is the next best item. I like everyday babbling during questing etc.

13 - Describe the role of your class/spec in raids and its mechanics. Be as precise as you can. Show us you know your class inside-out. (example: spelldamage coeffcients, need of particular stats or attributes)

As a resto druid I see it as my task to have hots on tanks up all the time. The spell wild growth is nice for certain burst aoe damage attacks from mobs in a fight.
Swiftmend and Natures Swiftness are two very good 'emergency' spells, they can mean the difference between a wipe and a succesful kill.
The battle-res ofcourse has been a succesnumber in raids from the start.
Innervate is something I use out of lazyness not to want to stop for drinking mostly these days, but it has been my best friend (or that of co-healers with heavy duties) since Vanilla.
And of course the pink paw, a very very agreeable buff on the raid.

In certain fights I try and give as much hots around just before a certain aoe attack starts, this gives some breathing to other healers I hope to top of the health on those bigger groups.

14 - How do you prepare for raids?

I get flasks, food, bandages, reagents. I repair. I'm on time, I probably log in 15 minutes before and if I'm late the raidleader will know about that beforehand. New gear is gemmed and enchanted.

15 - What is your raiding experience in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend?

Azeroth: Molten Core all the way, Black Wing Lair the same, AQ20 completed, aq40 everthing but that last one, Zul Gurub Completed.

Outland: Serpens... I even forget what the place was called but I haven't raided much in that period. Other things in my life needed more attention then. Anyway, I've seen some fights in the cavern, seen some in the Temple, I've been to the Eye sometimes but I didn't really play there, and certainly not as a healer (mostly played hunter)

Northrend:
I'm raiding with TPR on my death knight and have done ICC up till Saurfang. Healing I've only done on trash.
I've done one very confusing achievement run in TOC25 with a group rich with TLW members, that's how I got that achievement (as a DK btw).
Tbh I'm quite a cherry when it comes to raiding in ICC but I'm so eager!!

16 - Why do you want to get into AG Praetorian Guard?
To be in a guild that's both social and raids. you seem like a big guild too so I hope to be able to come online and yell hello and not see I'm the only one on (as nowadays happens very often)
And I want to raid. Heal in raids. See big fights again. Learn new fights. use teamwork, communication and coordination :)

17 - Why would we want you in AG Praetorian Guard?
I'm refreshing. And probably a good healer too.

18 - On which days of the week are you able to attend raids?
Well almost all days, but I prefer tuesdays and thursdays.

19 - We use TeamSpeak during our raids. Are you familiar with TS or Ventrillo and do you actually use it? (Talking aswell as listening)
Oh boy am I familiar with TS or Vent.

20 - Which other guilds have you been in in the past? (please name them all)
Carnique, The Shattered Heart, The Phoenix Reborn, Mothers Finest, The Eternal Alliance.

21 - What are your alternate characters?
Clatto, Death Knight, unholy and blood, 80

the ones I didn't even level anymore:
Dicul, Hunter, BM, 71
Fiddledee, Warlock, Demonololology, 70
Plucker, rogue, 65?
Dilue, priest, 63 or something
Twirls, warrior, 64?

22 - Which of your alts would you be willing to make your main in AG Praetorian Guard, in case we can only offer that particular class/spec a raiding spot and not the one your applying with? Also mention if you are willing to respec yes or no and with which character.

Clatto. And yes I'm willing to respec, but what to because you definitely don't want me tanking in the current gear ;)

23 - Did you level all your characters from the start yourself?

Yes I did.

24 - What is your real life age?

You don't ask women my age that question.

25 - OPTIONAL; Any other info you want to share with us concerning your application or yourself?

I like a wide range of music and randomly quote lyrics a lot.

Thank you for taking your time to apply to AG Praetorian Guard!

thanks for reading.

Pirius

Postby Pirius » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Yeey, get fatty in imo!! She is the bestest!! xx

remedy

Postby remedy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey Skathach :)

I've forwarded your application to the officers board, were it will be discussed.
We'll get back to you as soon as we can :)

Wish you the best of luck.

Dibsbane

Postby Dibsbane » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Knowing pirius is not a plus. I recommend you edit your app and post embarassing pictures of him online.

Good luck:)

Doomglazer

Postby Doomglazer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 am

Good luck and hope to see you soon
I'm the Herald, the Gaze in the Dark, the Blinking Madness. Empires I rule, nations I birth, a crown desired

skathach

Postby skathach » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:19 am

Thank you :)
And about the dorf, I know he's smelly but he's adorable in a perverted kind of way too. I don't have compromising pictures of him, I've been going out of my way not to see anything like that as I'm quite fond of my eyesight and want to hang onto the rest of my sanity until a very old age.

Aygo
Officer

Postby Aygo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:37 am

skathach wrote:Thank you :)
And about the dorf, I know he's smelly but he's adorable in a perverted kind of way too. I don't have compromising pictures of him, I've been going out of my way not to see anything like that as I'm quite fond of my eyesight and want to hang onto the rest of my sanity until a very old age.

Good answer. ;)
Tycho

Pirius

Postby Pirius » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

remedy

Postby remedy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:27 am

Skathach, we are pleased to say that we would like to invite you into the guild on a trial membership :)

Please poke any of our officers(Vaiuri, Martzy, Chamera, Alneis, Etta, Dwiezel) or our GM(Hayek) for an invite.

Welcome aboard!

skathach

Postby skathach » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:03 am

Yay!

I will be on later today so until then!

Return to “Recruitment”