Discretioner, Destruction Warlock

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Discretioner

Discretioner, Destruction Warlock

Postby Discretioner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:53 am

I will try to stick to the essentials but will elaborate where i can:

1 - What is the name of your character?

Discretioner

2 - Has your character always had this name? If not, explain why.

Don't ask me why i haven't changed it yet but even though it's a terrible name it kinda grew on me.

3 - What is your character's class?

Warlock

4 - What is your total time played with this character and what is your time played with this character at your current level?

Total time played: 46days 3hours
Time played this level: 21days 23hours

5 - Do you want to apply for a raiding spot or a social spot?

A raiding spot is impossible with my playing times. I have a fixed day on which i know i am able to play WoW (Mondays). I like to raid on that day but it is most certainly not a must. Will elaborate on the how's and why's later on.

6 - What is your character's primairy talent spec? (in numbers, example 2/48/11) Why did you choose this spec?

Destruction (0/21/40). Affliction used to be the main spec in my old guild so I always played a different spec then Affliction. I used to play a Demonolgy spec for a long time to compensate for the lack of decent gear. Now my gear is decent (won't say it's good) enough to play the Destruction spec.

7 - What kind of experience do you have with other talent specs on this character?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 8 )

Used to have a Demonology/Ruin spec to boost my spell damage (don't have the exact numbers)

8 - Please link your armorypage url (with your primairy item kit if possible)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... scretioner

9 - Why do you use this item kit?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 12)

Due to the fact i can only raid on mondays (which of course i didn't always get picked), the fact i helped my old guild out in new instances (whipe fests) and sheer bad luck on rolling (The dices and me don't seem to get along that well) I decided to upgrade my gear whereever i could with Badge Gear and PvP Gear (For lock PvP gear can work quite well for PvE content)

10 - Which of the items you use have the highest priority to be replaced and with what?

Would love to replace my trinkets first and even though they give great shadow dmg i would love to replace my frozen shadoweave set

11 - Do you have any other items/kits that might be useful?

Got T4 helmet but that's all

12 - What kind of guild do you think AG Praetorian Guard is?

I know AGPG is a Social guild who puts a good focus on raids.

13 - Describe the role of your class/spec in raids and its mechanics. Be as precise as you can.
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next 2 if they want and continue with question 16)

As a lock you are there to improve your fellow raiders with our unique abilities. Next to this we can inflict some good DPS and help out with healthstones and soulstones

14 - How do you prepare for raids?

I always make sure i come prepared with Health potions, Mana potions, Repaired, Food which provide buffs, Adept's Elixir, Wizard Oil. I have equiped my gear with the best enchants (i know cloak could use Subtelty) and gems.

15 - What is your raiding experience in Azeroth and Outland?

MC - Cleared
ZG - Cleared if i can remember well
AQ - Downed first 3 bosses
BWL - Only did this after TBC release
Kara - Cleared
Gruul - Cleared
Magtheridon - Cleared
SSC - Hydross- Lurker (wasn't there when guild got morogrim)
TK - Void Reaver (Did some attepmts on Kael)

16 - Why do you want to get into AG Praetorian Guard?

For me a Social guild that raids in a good way (will elaborate later on) is the best place to be. You might say there are many guilds which fill this profile, but not many guilds have the same amount of familiar faces of which some i can call ingame friends.

17 - Why would we want you in AG Praetorian Guard?

I'm a dedicated player (not a guild hopper) which is loyal to his guild. I am always there to give a helping handand I am social and dedicated on raids. I always come prepared and won't make a drama when i don't get picked. Good fun is the most important part to me in this game and not the loot it can provide. Whiping is a way to learn, not something that costs gold.

18 - On which days of the week are you able to attend raids?
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question and the next if they want and continue with question 20)

As mentioned I am a sure thing on mondays and i try to play more often when time allows.

19 - We use TeamSpeak during our raids. Are you familiar with TS or Ventrillo and do you actually use it? (Talking aswell as listening)

Have it and use it.

20 - Which other guilds have you been in in the past? (please name them all)

This won't be a very long list and i will name all of them:

- When i started in August 2005 i joined Dutch Inc. I have always loved this guild but after TBC came out it fell apart and just wasn't the same after it.

- May 2007 I joined The Dudes of Destruction. Like Dutch Inc i hold this guild very dear. I used to join the Combined Dutch Inc / tDoD MC runs when i was still in DI. I became an officer of tDoD in October 2007 and always tried my best to keep the guild on track even when the essential players left. Recently things seem to have changed in tDoD. People are on edge and easily get frustrated. Not all the Officers are focussing on tDoD which has put a lot of pressure on the few that were still trying to get things done. I love this guild a lot but it seems an impossible task to keep everyone happy. Raiding progress was great the last couple of weeks/months even when you see how many discussions are going on during the raids. Tactics are always discussed, People don't come prepared and sign ups are a challange to fill. I see some good RL's crumble under the huge amount pressure which comes from raiding with the Dudes. It has come to a point where it was no longer fun to log on for me so i left last week.

21 - What are your alternate characters? (please add class, spec and level)

Nothing serious:

Mitrandir lvl 46 Balance Druid
Inimieni lvl 38 Frost Mage

22 - Which of your alts would you be willing to make your main in AG Praetorian Guard, in case we can only offer that particular class/spec a raiding spot and not the one your applying with? Also mention if you are willing to respec yes or no and with which character.
(those applying for a social spot may skip this question if they want and continue with question 23)

I won't be of much use with one of my alts

23 - Did you level all your characters from the start yourself?

Always

24 - What is your real life age?

32 and counting

25 - OPTIONAL; Any other info you want to share with us concerning your application or yourself?

I will add some personal info and i will elaborate on some points:

My real name is Jeff I work in the financial business and live in Aalsmeer which is directly under Amsterdam. I am trying to get my bachelor degree in Commercial Economics in the evening ours on tuesday and thursday and on Saturday mornings. This is also the reason for my limited playing time. Also the fact that my GF hated WoW doesn't help much ;) We are expecting a baby within 2.5 months (half November). I mainly apply for a social spot but i answered the raiding questions as well as i would like to do my share when needed and possible on Monday evenings. As my gear shows i am not orientated on loot and/or major progress in raids. My aim is to have fun and have a decent amount of progress but even when i don't ever get to see Illidan before the new expansion then that will never be a reason for me to start whining about it. I know a lot of members like Ikanishi, Liedl, Holyraven, Ionic (will always know him as Looksnorri) Remedy, Villanous and many more.

P.S. I've written this application from work and i don't have access to the WoW-europe site or my playtimes. I will add this tonight when i get home.

Thanks for taking your time to read this

Edit: Filled in last info
Last edited by Discretioner on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Concho
Veteran

Postby Concho » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks for you application Discretioner, I will forward it to the other officers/class leaders.

Good luck on your application and you will hear shortly from us.

remedy

Postby remedy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi hun :D
Pleased to see you apply here with us :wink:

I wish you the best of luck on your application :D

/hugs

Villanous

Postby Villanous » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey mate! Nice to see you're still around, good luck with your app. Would be really nice to be in the same guild again, you were one of the top dudes!

Liedl

Postby Liedl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Good luck with the appliction Disc.

Keep those Signets coming! :D

Elorith

Postby Elorith » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Can't say I knew you that well, I think you joined DoD just as I left. But, I do recall a few of the Dutch Inc/DoD efforts in MC and always remember you as a dedicated, level headed kinda guy.

Wish you the best of luck with the application.

Discretioner

Postby Discretioner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and good luck wishes.

P.S. Liedl i have been slacking on farming those signets but i haven't forgotten about them ;)

Alneis

Postby Alneis » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Now that's a suprise, pleasant one of course :)

Good luck with your application, tho I don't think you're really need 'luck' :)

remedy

Postby remedy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Discretioner.
We are happy to say that we want to offer you a social spot with AGPG.
Feel free to contact any officer ingame for an invite.
And welcome to our online family :D

Regards Remedy

Return to “Recruitment”