Merlijn - Shadow Priest

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Merlijn

Merlijn - Shadow Priest

Postby Merlijn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:14 pm

1 - What is the name of your character?

Merlijn

2 - Has your character always had this name? If not, explain why.

Strangely enough even after many comments I should be a mage, Yes.

3 - What is your character's class?

Priest

4 - What is your total time played with this character and what is your time played with this character at your current level?

Total time : 166 days, 20 hours
Time @ 70 : 90 days, 22 hours

5 - Do you want to apply for a raiding spot or a social spot?

Raiding spot pretty please :)

6 - What is your character's primairy talent spec? (in numbers, example 2/48/11) Why did you choose this spec?

14/0/47

Reason to take this setup :

Overall cookie-cutter setup with some moderation to prevent going over the hit cap and took up Imp VE for when we started raiding Sunwell.

7 - What kind of experience do you have with other talent specs on this character?

Been holy pre-TBC, just after TBC launch and have been a spirit priest and a CoH priest in NiD from time to time when we lacked healers.

8 - Please link your armorypage url (with your primairy item kit if possible)

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Merlijn

9 - Why do you use this item kit?

The reason for taking this kit is since it's the best obtainable from MH/BT (except for the MH/OH combo but that explained in the next question). It allows me to reach over 1400 shadow damage buffed and get the benefit from haste.

10 - Which of the items you use have the highest priority to be replaced and with what?

Hammer of Judgement & Fetish of the Primal Gods -> Zhar'doom Greatstaff of the Devourer

11 - Do you have any other items/kits that might be useful?

Healing kit which is a mixture of T5/ZA/T6 and badge items. As shadow 1910 +healing (prolly around 2200 when specced holy) and 256 mp/5 while casting

Full Shadow Res kit for Mother Shahraz enchanted and such.

12 - What kind of guild do you think AG Praetorian Guard is?

A social guild with a non-hardcore raiding aspect where the overall idea is to have fun and treat each other with respect. Do I win the microwave now? :p

13 - Describe the role of your class/spec in raids and its mechanics. Be as precise as you can.

Description

Nothing more to add :roll:

14 - How do you prepare for raids?

Always have 2 flasks with me, 4 superior wizard oils and try to have sufficient food with me. And some beer and chips at my comp :lol:

15 - What is your raiding experience in Azeroth and Outland?

Pre-TBC

Onyxia - Cleared
MC - Cleared
BWL - Cleared
AQ40 - Up to Twins
Naxx - Anub'Rekhan attempts
ZG - Cleared
AQ20 - Cleared

TBC

Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - Cleared
Magtheridon - Cleared
SSC - Cleared
TK - Cleared
MH - Cleared
BT - Cleared
Sunwell - Kalecgos attempts

16 - Why do you want to get into AG Praetorian Guard?

After NiD disbanded I got asked to come back home and I couldn't really refuse it. I also don't want to give up raiding but I could lose the hardcore idea for and focus on more important things at hand.

17 - Why would we want you in AG Praetorian Guard?

I know my class inside out and have experience in nearly all TBC content. I think having quite some friends here also is also a benefit :p

18 - On which days of the week are you able to attend raids?

Mainly these days would be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is for going out (when I'm in the mood) and Saturday for possible birthday parties.

19 - We use TeamSpeak during our raids. Are you familiar with TS or Ventrillo and do you actually use it? (Talking aswell as listening)

Used TS before in AGPG, used In-Game voice in Blood Pact *shrug* and Vent in NiD. Still have Teamspeak installed as we speak. I'm able to listen and try to only speak when I have something to say that benefits the raid.

20 - Which other guilds have you been in in the past? (please name them all)

Dutch inc
Minions of Morgoth
The Shattered Heart
AG Praetorian Guard
Blood Pact
Nerds in Denial

I may have missed out some small guilds I've been very shortly in between Dutch inc and Minions of Morgoth but I don't think they are worth mentioning.

21 - What are your alternate characters? (please add class, spec and level)

Jeros - level 70 Rogue - Combat Fist
Sixkiller - level 70 Paladin - Protection
Artea - level 70 Hunter - MM

other alts are mid20 range and not worth mentioning imo.

22 - Which of your alts would you be willing to make your main in AG Praetorian Guard, in case we can only offer that particular class/spec a raiding spot and not the one your applying with? Also mention if you are willing to respec yes or no and with which character.

I'm not willing to switch mains. My priest has always been and will always be my main character. I'd be willing to respec to healing on the guilds needs though I prefer to remain shadow.

23 - Did you level all your characters from the start yourself?

Yes.

24 - What is your real life age?

26 (don't tell anyone)

25 - OPTIONAL; Any other info you want to share with us concerning your application or yourself?

Due to the fact I've pretty much explain my life story above I don't think there is much to add. If there is something you'd like to know then feel free to ask me either here, by /w to Merlijn or my belf alt (Nicotina) I'll be playing for a bit.

Concho
Veteran

Postby Concho » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks Merlijn for your application I'll forward it to the other Officers/CL.
We will contact you when we made decision

remedy

Postby remedy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Who are you again??? :twisted:

What a nice *surprise* to see you apply to us again :wink: The surprise part being me trying to pretend i didn't know :roll:

On a more serious matter.
I am pleased to see you applying to us, we could use a very well experienced shadow priest and player as yourself 8)

Feel free to bribe with cookies........

narc

Postby narc » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:30 pm

woot woot merlijn :)

GL witht he apply .
Narc the best thing you will ever have

Merlijn

Postby Merlijn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:32 pm

remedy wrote:Who are you again??? :twisted:

What a nice *surprise* to see you apply to us again :wink: The surprise part being me trying to pretend i didn't know :roll:

On a more serious matter.
I am pleased to see you applying to us, we could use a very well experienced shadow priest and player as yourself 8)

Feel free to bribe with cookies........

Do I need to remind you again?! :shock:

P.S. I don't need cookies for bribing :twisted:

Holyraven

Postby Holyraven » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm

hmmm...will this give us Remedy back to the healing ranks I wonder...:))

Verenyn

Postby Verenyn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Place him in healer group please. Thanks! :D

Merlins
Guild Master

Postby Merlins » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:35 pm

i was kinda expecting this (or should i say hoping?). anyways, good to see that you'd like to return to us.

good luck on the app

Merlins
If I Was In WW2 They'd Call Me Spitfire

Exxion
Role Captain

Postby Exxion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm

oO after Serenity also NiD disbanded? Omg... Turalyon is having a hard time again I guess.

Good to see you returning tho, gl on the app!

Greetings,
Bob (Exx)

Hayek
Officer

Postby Hayek » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi Merlijn,

We'll discuss your application, don't worry if it might take a few days.

A social guild with a non-hardcore raiding aspect where the overall idea is to have fun and treat each other with respect. Do I win the microwave now? :p

Nope. Maybe a hug by Alneis when he has a transporter malfunction. Maybe. BTW, we are serious about our guild atmosphere, that might be getting used to a bit again, as we're more allround than NiD must have been.

Also, as you mentioned little about your previous stay, we might chat with you about that as well - but I guess that's better done in a more private setting.

Good luck though ;)
A Polar explorer needs 5000 calories a day.
- Also when driving to the pole in a sheltered car?
Let's be safe.

Doomglazer

Postby Doomglazer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Ahh nice and no you don't win a hug or even a microwave. You DO win teh privilege of when you get accepted to be in my group as a personal mana battery :-). How is that for a prize :-)
I'm the Herald, the Gaze in the Dark, the Blinking Madness. Empires I rule, nations I birth, a crown desired

Tyrall
Officer

Postby Tyrall » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 pm

How to keep Merlijn busy while we discuss his application .... cook him a meal ...... it will take a loooong time before he is done ^^

Good luck with the application, nice to see you again :D
Meton wrote:P.S. Did I mention I do kick ass DPS ? (shamelessly stolen from Tyrall)

Merlijn

Postby Merlijn » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm

Tyrall wrote:How to keep Merlijn busy while we discuss his application .... cook him a meal ...... it will take a loooong time before he is done ^^

Good luck with the application, nice to see you again :D

Ah, mister shy guy is showing his face :p

Thanks for all the kind words all :D

Dwiezel
Officer

Postby Dwiezel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Doomglazer wrote:Ahh nice and no you don't win a hug or even a microwave. You DO win teh privilege of when you get accepted to be in my group as a personal mana battery :-). How is that for a prize :-)

You know exactly that mana batteries go to my group first! And only if there is an excess of mana batteries and I don't feel like having two of them for myself there is a chance that another group gets one^^

/wave @ Merlijn
Firegnome
or is it gnome on fire?

Xargon

Postby Xargon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Glad to see you around Merlijn! You we're a very good priest when I was around, and since I'm back from my long break I'd love your advice again :D I didn't even know you left tbh (well, being absent for over half a year orso does that..)

Return to “Recruitment”