Punchy - Warlock

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Punchy

Punchy - Warlock

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Main character name:
Punchy

Has this character always had this name?
Since beta!

Character class:
Warlock

Character race:
Human

Character level:

Character spec:
Destro right now, but happy to play afflic or demo (I have the class trinket ) if that suits the raid more. Almost all my raiding has been done with an afflic spec of some sort.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
365 Enchanting (with some of the useful bop recipies), 375 Tailoring (with useful-ish boe epix recipies), 375 Fishing (was bored), 375 Cooking (OM NOM NOM)

Character heroic keys and attunements:
All heroics (inc. MT5), missing final steps of BT/MH attunement (never took vashj or kael'thas down) but not much of an issue I suppose now.

High level non trainable spells/abilities learned:
Had the non-trainer shadowbolt etc. back in AQ days ^^

Total /played time:
65d12h (main) + 30d19h (70 alts)

/played time at level 70:
25d8h (main) + 2d17h (70 alts)

Notable factions and their level:
Ogri'la - exalted
skyguard - exalted
Kurenai - exalted (goat ftw)
Aldor - revered
Violet Eye - revered
Shattered Sun - revered
Not sure what else is considered notable these days :D

Armory link (or CTprofile if you wish to show different gear)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n&n=Punchy

I'm missing an enchant on my boots at least, and I have one weird gem (spellhaste on boots or so) I upgraded a couple of slots with MT5 and badge loot and haven't gone near a raid with them yet. I also need to swap the cloak enchent to -threat

Previous guild(s):
starting with earliest...
The Last Watch (moved to WoW from DAoC)
Magnae Mammae/MM
DrAmA
MM (currently still in this guild)

Name, class and level of Alternate character(s):
Punchor (70 hunter, reasonable blues) just about ready for Kara!
Punchu (70 Warr, same) would probably struggle to tank kara but OK for DPS I guess
I also have access to my wife's 70 feral druid, she's just about geared enough for TK/SSC tanking/dps, a bit of badge gear should see her alright for MH/BT

Reasons why you would like to join:

I've been away from the game for a little while, DrAmA folded up at the same time that my wife and I (we were both raiders in that guild) were going through some difficult personal circumstances (we had a family member with a terminal illness), so we took a break. Now I'm able to play a little bit again, I do want to continue with a bit of raiding now that our lives have settled down and I can see that AGPG are at about the right level of progression for the gear/experience I have on my main. I also know that AGPG have a good reputation as a friendly guild which is of utmost importance to me. MM allowed me to rejoin as a purely social member which was awesome of them, but I am missing raiding which after all is one of the main reasons I play this game.

I've chosen to apply here after a lot of thought and the fact that you all seem to be a friendly bunch counts for a great deal with me. I've asked around a few friends in various Tura guilds and they've all told me very good things about AGPG. :)

I'm not into the idea of raiding 4 nights a week, I just haven't got the time to do that level of hardcore-ness anymore (stressful job, long commute) and it sounds like AGPG understand that kind of thing, which is great. I expect I could make 2 raids a week but anything more than that would be unusual (not impossible though, depends how my week is going)

Mostly I like to log in for a couple of hours a night, farm some dailies or maybe jump in a BG or 5-man, and generally mess around and chat about nonsense in /g (with or without pants, I'm cool with that...)

If you want a lock thats been playing since beta, has raided pretty much everything up to Lady Vashj + Kael'thas (pre-TBC: MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20 - cleared, AQ40 - everything except C'Thun, Naxx - cleared Anub, Faerlina, Razuvious, wiped a lot on Patchwerk and Maexxna) and wants to make a positive contribution to progress, be it attending raids or just farming foods n stuff, then take me along I think we'd have some fun. I've even lead a few raids (pre-TBC I lead AQ20 and in TBC I've done a number of Kara speed runs) if thats something that might be useful for you.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
Absolutely, and I enjoyed every minute of it :D

Your real age:

Grominx

Postby Grominx » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Hello Punchy!

Thank you for your very well written application!

I'll forward this to officer forums, where we will discuss and review your application.

We will get back to you shortly!

Punchy

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Doh, just realised I've put myself down as revered with Violet Eye, clearly I'm exalted (even have the top level faction ring in my gear...) Sorry! :oops:

Also, if you want to talk to me ingame, I'm mostly on my hunter right now - Punchor.

remedy

Postby remedy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:00 am

Very nice application indeed :D

Wish you the best of luck :D

Martz

Postby Martz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:09 am

OMG MM OMG MM OMG MM OMG MM

Kidding aside, good luck with your application. Looks detailed and well written which is always great to see.

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:00 am

Can't see any reason to dither on this one.

We'd love to invite you to join us. :D

Whisper any guildee to find out who is on to throw you an invite when you are next online.

Welcome aboard, thread closed.

Hayek
Officer

Postby Hayek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:41 pm

I'll toss in some words of warm welcome too ^^

You eitehr bribed our lock classleaders or you made an application that resonated with them very much. Talk to them (Selenite, Chaos) to learn the ropes of AGPG.

For an invite, approach me or any officer. Welcome onboard!
A Polar explorer needs 5000 calories a day.
- Also when driving to the pole in a sheltered car?
Let's be safe.

Return to “Recruitment”