Loran, Druid, DPS

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Loran

Loran, Druid, DPS

Postby Loran » Fri May 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Main character name: Loran

Has this character always had this name? Yes

Character class: Druid

Character race: Night Elf

Character level: 70

Character spec: DPS, (can repsec)

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Herbalism, 375, Alchemy, 375, Potion Master, Cooking 364, First Aid 375, Fishing 223.

Character heroic keys and attunements: I havent been to heroic dungeons, but ive been to Kara a few times. Heroic Keys: Flamewrought and Reservoir

High level non trainable spells/abilities learned: Gift of the Wild II

Total /played time: 21d 21h 58m 45s (95d 16h 04m 10s, all chars)

/played time at level 70: 3d 17h 2m 30s

Notable factions and their level:

Armory link (or CTprofile if you wish to show different gear): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... on&n=Loran

Previous guild(s): Stronghold, TDoD

Name, class and level of Alternate character(s): Orcmelester, Hunter, 70, Beth, Warlock, 64, Marcie, Mage, 56, Elonna, priest, 54, Tibian, rogue, 50.

Reasons why you would like to join: My main reson is that i want a change in scene. The other reson is that everyone i played with in dudes have left game, server or guild. Now my last link to guild left, Holyraven, and join you. Before him went Elorith, Embrisa/Remedy and Ikan to you.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes

Your real age: 25

Other: I have for a long time been nearly inactive because of rl. This is why my heroic attendence is zero and i havent been much to normals either. (Doing a bit know with my warlock) I have been going to MC with my hunter a lot (before TBC), so i do know a bit about raiding(can always learn more though :)). Im speced and geared to be dps, but i will gladly respec if you need.

Grominx

Postby Grominx » Fri May 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Hello Loran

Thank you for your application. We'll get back to you soon!

Grominx

remedy

Postby remedy » Fri May 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Heya hun :D
Very good RL friend of mine, and also Holyraven's GF :P

Good luck on your application :D
/hug

Damonia

Postby Damonia » Fri May 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Good luck on your apps :)

Loran

Postby Loran » Fri May 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Atm im not specked for raiding, meaning im missing shredding attacks and a few other things should be change. This is however because im mainly been questing or playing my alts.

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Fri May 02, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi,

Are you wanting to apply for a raid spot, in which case I'll have a stack of questions to fire at you, or a social non-raid spot?

Leaf
AGPG officer and druid CL

Loran

Postby Loran » Fri May 02, 2008 10:45 pm

I would ofc like a raid spot, but i have a long way to go, since im just have a few gears from kara and the others are just crap. Further i hear that you dont need dps druids and then i have to build up a hole new equipment to full fill the demands for raiding.
But anyway im happy to answer any of your questions. :)

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Fri May 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Ooh for a raid spot I'd ask stuff like:-

What's your /played on your druid?

What spec would you use to raid as a feral?

You say dps druid - end game raiding, druids simply aren't strong enough to command a pure dps slot most of the time - its not playing to the strength of their hybrid nature; you might be called upon to OT and MT on occasions. What experience do you have as an OT / MT? What instances have you MT'd since TBC? Would you be confident as an MT in Kara or 25 mans tomorrow?

What experience of heroic instances do you have?

What TBC raid experience do you haveother than Karazhan?

What pre-TBC raid experience do you have on your druid?

What gear are you looking to upgrade quickly to get up to speed?

Do you have a healing set? Whats your health and +healing in it unbuffed?

Do you have a tank set (if not, why not?). Whats your dodge, health and armor in it?

I appreciate its not a raid spec as you said, but. Why no Omen of Clarity? Why Nurturing Instinct?

You are revered with Kurenai, but friendly with a lot of the other Outland factions. Have you been working on Kurenai rep and if so, to what end?

Are you familiar enough with teamspeak to listen? Are you confident enough to talk on TS?

What mods do you use, and what would you run to raid?

What attack power are you aiming for on your druid, and at what level of AP would you value crit over AP?

Ignore all this if that's not what you're after!

For a social spot I'd ask, erm.. well nothing at this stage :) I think my only short term issue would be that you are applying to be with your boyfriend I think; as a trialist in AGPG there isn't an absolute guarantee of him being kept on and we might rather wait until your partner is off trial in guild to consider a social application.

Martz

Postby Martz » Sat May 03, 2008 12:06 am

Leaf holds lots of great questions, but one thing has came to my attention, Your spec "DPS" seems a bit odd to me, it means two things. Feral or Balance, I cant catch where you've said which one you would be taking. I presume Feral being your current?

Anyhow, I'd like to stress that Feral isn't a DPS spec.

Feral Druids are great, yes, but feral is not a pure DPS spec. They're great in raids, that is for sure. BUT, that's usually being a hybrid of Off-tanking where needed and DPSing where needed usually. Thats where a Feral druid is best used, especially in our raids. You switch between tanking and dps often that's how a feral druid rolls. 8)

GL,
Martz

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Sat May 03, 2008 12:22 am

Or just MTing with the right gear as needed.

Loran

Postby Loran » Sat May 03, 2008 12:29 am

What i mean with feral dps druid is what kind of gear im having. Atm its not very much good for tanking since i havent been working on that. (the bits i have from kara is very recently equipped.)

Im currently working on the answers for the questions that Leaf asked me and i hope more will be clear then.

About respecing: Im willing to respec, but then it will be to something you need. In any case respecing or not i have a lot to do before having the standard on gear that you will need.

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Sat May 03, 2008 12:33 am

Loran wrote:Im currently working on the answers for the questions that Leaf asked me and i hope more will be clear then.

Don't worry too much about them unless you really want to!

Loran

Postby Loran » Sat May 03, 2008 1:33 am

What's your /played on your druid? 21d 22h 41m 41s

What spec would you use to raid as a feral? I would have moved Nurturing Instinct to shredding Attacks and feral Aggresion over to get Omen of Clarity. To get over there i think i would have spent 3 points in Naturalist.

You say dps druid - end game raiding, druids simply aren't strong enough to command a pure dps slot most of the time - its not playing to the strength of their hybrid nature; you might be called upon to OT and MT on occasions. What experience do you have as an OT / MT? What instances have you MT'd since TBC? I havent MT anything after lvl 60, except quests. Have been OT one time in Ramparts, after i became lvl 70.

Would you be confident as an MT in Kara or 25 mans tomorrow? If i had been asked to do so, i would have tried atleast. Cause i know that if i dont try i will never make it.

What experience of heroic instances do you have? None since i have problems getting a normal instance run.

What TBC raid experience do you haveother than Karazhan? Been to Shattered Halls, Botanica, Ramparts.

What pre-TBC raid experience do you have on your druid? Ive been to BRD, Hole SM,Uldaman, Maraudon and ZF.

What gear are you looking to upgrade quickly to get up to speed? That depends very much of what spec i would go as. But mainly i would be looking to get things crafted since i got an leatherworker and now of atleast two others. Else there would be baged collecting in Heroic instances and if possible some kara runs.

Do you have a healing set? Whats your health and +healing in it unbuffed? i have, but it isnt worth much.

Do you have a tank set (if not, why not?). Whats your dodge, health and armor in it? I have the clefthoof set and the rest is as the dps set.

I appreciate its not a raid spec as you said, but. Why no Omen of Clarity? Why Nurturing Instinct? This spec is as i need to have it when i was low lvl and Omen of clarity was not an option then. When i lvl from around 50 to 70 i was very little on because of RL (a hole other discusion). When you lvl you do whats best for you lvling not raiding. When i started wanting to raid in late January i tried first to get some instance runs. And you see the resault of that in another question.

You are revered with Kurenai, but friendly with a lot of the other Outland factions. Have you been working on Kurenai rep and if so, to what end? I havent been working on other than getting rep with Aldor, and even that very little. But i see that the Kurenai Kilt and the ring may be an improvement of my healing casting gear.

Are you familiar enough with teamspeak to listen? Are you confident enough to talk on TS? TS is installed and ive got i mic. I might not say much, but i will not be quiet if i feel i have something to say, either for fun or seriouse.

What mods do you use, and what would you run to raid? i like mods that are of help in any possible way. I often try new ones and based on my try i will switch to it or trough it away. Im using a neat program called WoWMatrix to help with this. A few of my addons: Bartender3, CT, Druidbar,EQCompare, HealBot, MobInfo, Omen2,Outfitter, Possessions, Titan panel+ and TrinketMenu. According to WoWMatrix i got 70 addons installed.

What attack power are you aiming for on your druid, and at what level of AP would you value crit over AP? im not aiming for any particulary ap, and yes i would value crit over ap if i may have to tank. Else i would have ap to get more dps.

As an answer to the last comment: I did not mention that my BF was accepted into your guild, that was Remedy.

Martz

Postby Martz » Sat May 03, 2008 2:27 am

Leafy wrote:Or just MTing with the right gear as needed.

Yes, also!

Btw,
Pre-tbc raiding is Molten Core, Zul'Gurrub, AQ20, AQ40, Blackwing Lair, Naxxramas.
The instances you listed were pre lv55ish normal 5man runs.

Loran

Postby Loran » Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 am

Martz wrote:Btw,
Pre-tbc raiding is Molten Core, Zul'Gurrub, AQ20, AQ40, Blackwing Lair, Naxxramas.
The instances you listed were pre lv55ish normal 5man runs.

I see now, i read instance on that and the to previous questions. i knew i should have waited until morning so i could read trough it again.

Return to “Recruitment”