can I

Do you want to join AGPG? Here's the place...

Moderator: Moderators

Seimoo

can I

Postby Seimoo » Sun May 27, 2007 1:24 pm

can i at least know why you guys think that AGpg is not the new home ? :?

Martz

Postby Martz » Sun May 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Contact and Officer ingame instead of opening a new thread.

:wink:

Leafy

Postby Leafy » Sun May 27, 2007 2:23 pm

That’s a fair question; since you’ve asked on our boards rather then in a /w or PM, here is a public response.

Sadly, no one on the officer boards warmed to your application and we have no huge need to recruit a warlock who doesn‘t immediately grab our attention. Why didn’t you grab our attention? Lets generalise:-

Application

We look for people to follow our template or provide full answers to what we asked. We spend an awful lot of time considering applications where people have clearly put some time into them, and generally give such applicants a long and full explanation as to why they haven’t got in (see here for example). Where people put in applications that are harder to understand and follow, where they haven’t run a spellchecker and where on occasions we’re not sure what they are trying to say, generally they can expect a much shorter response. People ignoring or failing to answer points in our template are less likely to be recruited.

Language

We appreciate that English may not be an applicant’s first language but someone’s spelling, grammar and sentence construction can give us concerns about how they might communicate with other guildees. We’re not a guild for ‘leet speek’ or abbreviations as you may have read on the ‘how to’ section of the forum, especially in an application which is someone’s only chance to impress us.

Gear

We take note of what gems / enchants people use on their items as well as the quality of their gear.

Reading the sticky thread

I say in my stickied thread, ‘We’re not trying to make things difficult and we want to help you present yourself in the best light. Your application is quite possibly your only opportunity to make a good impression on us, and it really does make a difference if you take your time and can demonstrate you have understood what we are asking for’.

You didn’t make a good impression.

Hope that clears things up. If you have any further queries, PM any officer please.

Return to “Recruitment”